Rev. T. J. Hart, Parish Administrator [email]
Brunon Strozyk, John Hartnedy, Timothy J. Costello, Deacons
Paul Strack, Parish Counsel Chair
Janet Franklin, Secretary - Church
Dan Smith, Principal [email]
Pat House, Secretary - School
Christie Powell, DRE/ Youth and Young Adult Director
Dc. Timothy J. Costello, RCIA Director
William Piechocki, Finance Counsel Chairman
Gregg Tribby, Facility Manager [email]
Immaculate Heart of Mary Church had its beginning
in 1878, when Polish Settlers came into this area. The church
was built on the highest point of the hill and is referred to
Góra" or Blue Hill, a shrine in Poland. This shrine
has deep meaning because of its dedication to the Blessed Mother.
This gave the people a feeling of their heritage.
The parish was originally a mission, served by
the Holy Ghost Fathers. In 1887, Fr. Cyrill Augustynski, became
the first resident pastor. Through the years 21 priests served
as pastor beginning with Father Anthony Jaworski in 1878. Along
with the present pastor, Father Robert T. Dienert, each one has
had his own special quality that has helped maintain the growth
in faith for the people.
Though times were not always easy, the people's
faith overcame even what seemed to be hopeless situations. The
original church was destroyed by fire. A new church and rectory
were built in the present location. In 1932, again fire destroyed
the church and rectory, which were rebuilt and dedicated in 1933.
This was all possible through sacrificing hard work and love for
their church. But each time their faith and community became stronger.
There was always that sense of unity, to roll up their sleeves
and get the job done, to lead a helping hand whenever anyone needed
help, something quite prevalent still today.
Father Charles Hertel served as pastor from 1907
to 1949, longer than any other priest, a total of 42 years. Many
of the old traditions were still kept alive during this time.
In 1960, when Msgr. Thomas Pendergast was pastor, a new school
was dedicated to replace the one built in 1923. The convent was
remodeled and enlarged, that was originally built when Father
Bartogze was pastor. In 1970, Father Edward McCormick became pastor
and more changes took place. The church and rectory were renovated
and air-conditioned. In 1978, the Centennial of our parish was
celebrated, bringing people back home.
In 1985, Father Albert Schneider became pastor.
The church and rectory have undergone extensive restoration. A
new addition to the school was dedicated in January 1991. The
grounds took on a different look with landscaping, paving and
the addition of a canopy to the church. To increase the awareness
of our Polish Heritage, the "Karnawal" returned and
we are now located on Jasna Gora Drive.
In 1994, Msgr. Bernard Malone became pastor.
Under his direction, in 1996 we underwent a campaign to build
a family Life Center structure which is large enough for all parishioners
to celebrate Mass together, as well as house many other school
and parish functions. The Life Center was completed in late 1999
and has been a large addition to the parish community activities
as well as the school.
So we cordially invite you to come, visit our
parish and meet some of the people that we are proud to say make
up our Christian family.